“I love to let the things be natural in writing,” says Dr. Sasiprabha, author of My Moonlight Pilgrimage

Dr. Sasiprabha
A doctor by profession and writer by passion, Dr. Sasiprabha from Kerala is the author of novel, My Moonlit Pilgrimage, published in 2012. According to the author, the social networking sites inspired her to pen down her debut novel.

My Moonlight Pilgrimage is a novel about a young woman’s journey through love. The story is narrated poetically and the author has tried to give an emotional tough to it. Sasiprabha is optimistic, energetic and fun loving. According to her, she gives great importance to human values and principles. She is also a motivation speaker.

Below is an interesting interview of the young writer by Read In Park:

My Moonlit Pilgrimage being your first step towards literature, what have you kept the basic foundation of your book? What does it tell about?

What predominates along the lines is love. But what exists in between the lines is the essence of life! "My Moonlit Pilgrimage" portrays the moments a young girl lived her love, in her own words. She is trying to find out the core and meaning of the paradox of love and along the way, life unfolds its divine meanings to her.

How does the title, My Moonlit Pilgrimage, justify the journey of protagonist?

The protagonist journeys down her memory lane with the man for whom she thinks she has lost herself. Her unveiled memories are talking to him about every moment that passed through their togetherness. It is her pilgrimage along the ways lit by the moonlight of romance.

The book puts light on all the youth-experiences like love, ecstasy, betrayal, divinity, varied
My Moonlit Pilgrimage
reasons and kinds of uneasiness. What do you think, how will the masses be able to connect themselves with the same?

Every human around us inevitably go through these raw emotions at least once in life. So the reader can naturally ride the waves of words. No one can complete the book without thinking once, ‘this is what we are made of', I believe. 

The book also features some less acknowledged facts of the society of young educated professionals. What kind of facts are they?

Yes, this is what around which the story revolves, though not directly. As far as the young professionals are concerned, the pressure they are undergoing related to their education and profession, has caused some sort of behavioral disorders, especially in their sexual behavior. Their general social behavior remains polished, but the sexual behavior has been mal-adapted. And with the help of day to day advancing modes of communication, they are seeking safe virtual satisfaction. Though a few health surveys have discovered the situation and its alarming incidence among highly educated professionals, the major part of the society is still unaware of it!

What are the lead characters of your book? And who became closest to your heart while penning the book?

Obviously, the main characters are the lovers about whom we have been talking. It also portrays a few true friends who extended the life of the girl, the protagonist, and add meaning to it. Undoubtedly, the protagonist herself is the closest to me, because I have lended my own mind to her.

What has been your inspiration all throughout? Would you like to pass on the credit of your writing?

I write to express myself, whatever I feel or observe. Beyond that, I have not yet thought of inspirations or aspirations. I love to let the things be natural in writing.
The support of my friends and family is immense in making this very first step towards literature. I am thankful to them beyond words!

What have been the responses by now? And, how do you take the negative ones?

The responses so far have given me confidence to continue the journey. I am told that I have succeeded in maintaining uniqueness and genuinity in my writing and that is exactly what I wish for. No destructive criticisms have come so far. A few have pointed towards betterment and I wholeheartedly accept that. This is the way to improve, I believe!

Have there been any academic accomplishments that made you realize your dream of writing a book?

My entry to the literary world was quite accidental. I am a doctor by profession and have never dreamed of getting published ! I am an avid reader. I curiously read each and everything I get, from childhood itself. The writing came naturally and unexpectedly.

What message would you like to pass on to the readers of our site?


Read and criticize. Especially the new comers like me need your help to improve!

0 comments: